pennylane: the eternal optimist

Thursday, June 23, 2005

we will always have paris

tom cruise proposed to katie holmes at the eiffel tower...it just sounds too good to be true, straight out of a romantic fairy-tale which i used to obsess about while growing up...that he would appear, my knight-in-shining-armor who would sweep me off my feet and promise me unwavering passion & unconditional love...

then again, i'm no katie holmes.

i look around and see everyone falling in love like it's as simple as buying groceries...celebrities announcing engagements, colleagues getting hitched, family members declaring affection...and i find myself in the middle of all this fanfare...

and i ask myself, do i really want to be part of this mush? am i strong enough to brave the waters of emotional complexities & risk my sanity for another seemingly traumatic relationship? do i really want to go through all this again?

i could always just hibernate and retreat to the woods where i won't be bothered by all these love-struck couples...i could ignore all the smiles, all the flowery words, all the pdas...or better yet, i could convince myself that i'm not really bothered by what's happening around me, that it's all peachy & everyone's just plain dandy...

aw heck, who the f&^* am i kidding anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home